Friday, February 14, 2014

A little IndyCar love

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm back in Indy after a trip out west for a couple of test days with the Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing team, Team Chevy, and my three teammates. We started in Fontana at Auto Club Speedway on Monday and I took my first laps around an oval with the Chevy engine. It's definitely different than what I was used to, but working with the other guys helped and we finished with a race-ready setup. After Fontana, I had a check-up appointment with my doctor then headed up north. On Wednesday we had a very successful test (after the fog cleared, of course) at Sonoma Raceway. The team had a long list of items to check off so we all worked together to get it done. We ended up with a pretty good pace to round out our time in Cali.

I came home to some fan mail, including this awesome drawing and letter from a young man named Caleb. Thanks Caleb! I'll hang this on my wall.

"Caleb & Mommy meeting Charlie"
Since it's Valentine's Day and I love IndyCar fans, I've got a few things to give away over on my Facebook page! Head on over to share this photo to win!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments :

Post a Comment